E-Blast, September 2017
E-Blast, September 2017
As a subscriber, you will receive this E-Blast to your inbox every month. The goal of the E-Blast is to keep everyone in the NFN Regional Consortium up-to-date on news, events and other activities happening both in our region and the state. If you would like something placed into the E-blast and/or NFNRC Calendar, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit by 5pm on the first Monday of the month to be included in that month’s newsletter).
A full calendar and more information can be found on the Member Hub of the NFNRC website.
Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown – Capitol Plaza
300 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The California Community Colleges Economic and Workforce Development (EWD) Program Small Business Sector is seeking applications for Faculty Entrepreneurship Champion mini-grant projects. Under this RFA, a total of ten Faculty Entrepreneurship Champion Mini-grants will be funded. Applications are due by 5 PM October 20th, 2017. Each mini-grant will be for not more than $7,500 (no matching funds are required, but projects that leverage local/regional Strong Workforce Program funding will be given priority). Faculty Entrepreneurship Champion mini-grant projects should be focused on one or more of the following activities:
• Embedding/Infusing small business/entrepreneurship curriculum into existing Career Technical Education (CTE) classes and programs.
• Creation of credit, non-credit and not-for-credit small business/entrepreneurship courses and programs (e.g. stackable certificates, badges, low-unit certificates, certificates of achievement, or AA/AS/AA-T/AS-T degrees).
• Creation of entrepreneurship pathways from middle school, high school, community college, four year universities and development of articulation agreements associated with these pathways.
• Small business and entrepreneurship related experiential learning opportunities such as setting up student run businesses, entrepreneurship centers, student business clubs, business incubators, accelerators, makerspaces, co-working spaces, internship programs, or business pitch competitions.
For more information, contact Rachelle Modena, Far North Small Business Deputy Sector Navigator (530)242-7635 email@example.com, Cornelius Brown, Greater Sacramento Small Business Deputy Sector Navigator (916) 661-5708 firstname.lastname@example.org or Charles Eason, Small Business Sector Navigator (707) 863-7846 email@example.com.
9/20 – The first in a four part series of professional development activities for high school and community college design, engineering, manufacturing and making instructors. The first leg of this series finds about 20 instructors visiting AutoDesk’s workshops on Pier 9 in San Francisco. The 35,000-square-foot Pier 9 facility was developed by Autodesk to house a state-of-the-art digital fabrication workshop to explore the interface between software and hardware – an intersection that is transforming the way that people design and make things. Pier 9 is a place to push the limits of our software and hardwar e tools, showcase innovative projects, and create an environment that fosters experimentation and learning.
10/18 – Collaboration Day for GoEngineer Product Offering with SME Sacramento Valley to be held at Tri-Tool, Inc. in Rancho Cordova. This event is open to all who are interested in learning about and seeing the latest in 3D printing including desktop metal printing. GoEngineer is a customer driven team with 30+ years of experience delivering the right technology for product design. Leveraging our knowledge of design processes and techniques, we improve the way you use the technology you have and deliver new technology as it serves the design objectives.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
October 20, 2017 Tahoe Mountain Lab, 3079 Harrison Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
October 25: Mendocino College, more info: CCCAOE website
September 21st through September 22nd, 2017
hosted by Mendocino College- Registration: e-mail admin@newworldofwork
October 6th through October 7th, 2017
hosted by Los Rios Community College District at LRCCD Workforce and Economic Development Building in Sacramento, CA
November 16th through November 17th, 2017
hosted by Feather River College in Quincy, CA venue TBD
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Fall Conference — November 1-3
Omni Rancho Las Palmas
41000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Please RSVP to in-person Regional Meetings, visit NFNRC.org; click on the Contact and Meeting RSVPtab at the bottom right hand corner of the website.
• September 14: Regional Meeting @9am Face to Face, Butte College Please RSVP to in-person Regional Meetings, visit NFNRC.org; click on the Contact and Meeting RSVP tab at the bottom right hand corner of the website.
• September 25: Coordinating Council Meeting @10am
• October 2: DSN/Key Talent Meeting @9:30am
• October 5: Program Recommendation Meeting @9am